Medicare provides health insurance to Americans aged 65 and above, and to people with certain disabilities (who may be younger than 65). You are required to sign up for Medicare, as it does not happen automatically. If you, like most folks, plan to sign up when you reach age 65, then it's best to begin the enrollment process three months before your 65th birthday.
There are three basic requirements you must meet in order to be eligible for Medicare:
• You must be at least 65 years of age
• You must hold U.S. citizenship status for at least five years
• You must have a qualified disability if you are under the age of 65
Coverage falls into four different parts. The different parts refer to the different types of payment support and coverage provided by Medicare:
• Medicare Part A is in-patient hospital coverage, plus skilled nursing, hospice and home health care
• Medicare Part B is for doctor visits and preventive services like screening tests
• Medicare Part C is the part that covers Medicare Advantage plans which are managed care provided by private companies. These are optional plans that Medicare patients may choose to pay for separately
• Medicare Part D is drug coverage
There are many choices to make when it comes to Medicare. Let us help you choose the best plan to fit your needs. Give us a call (888).345.9818. TTY 711 M-F, 9am-5pm.
CA Insurance License #0D64827
Not sure what to do?
Call (800) 553-3707